GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation)
GDPR applies to every company in the European Union that uses personal data. The regulations cover your data and how companies look after it. Protecting your data is really important to us at abrasives-online.co.uk, and we want to make sure you know what GDPR means for you and your account(s) with us. From May 2018, companies will have to stick to new rules to make sure your data is looked after. These rules give you a number of rights. They include the right to see the personal data companies hold about you, you being able to ask them to delete this personal data, and you have to give your consent before a firm can do certain things with your data. The only exception to this rule is that if you have placed an order with us we are obliged to keep on record/file that transaction information for a number of years, currently seven. This is for accounting purpose and Inland Revenue. However, you can request that your account information (name, address, telephone no etc) when you signed in is deleted. When placing an order we typically collect the following information: Your Name; Email Address; Telephone Number; Address and Shipping Address if different; and company name if applicable. All payments are carried out by a third party Payment Gateway (for your added security) normally PayPal or SagePay.
YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The personal data which we collect from you and is stored in your account is as follows:
- your name
- your geographical address
- your email address
- your telephone number
- your shipping address if different from main address
If you checked out as a guest , the same Personal Data information is stored as with a normal account but you forfeit the ability to log in and alter that information. If you purchase from this Website more than once, there may be multiple instances of your Personal Data in our database.
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Website, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, and phone number. This “Order Information.” is stored separately from your.
We do not store your Credit Card information on our website but a third party credit card processor and/or PayPal does under secure conditions and that Order Information is transferred to them securely.
USES MADE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will use Your Personal Data that you provide to us:
- to enable us to fulfil your orders and to provide the services relevant to you.
- to screen our orders for potential risk or fraud
- to communicate with you, such as to alert you to any product and service changes and updated information including product recalls.
- If you opt in to our newsletter, you will also receive emails that may contain varied information.
Unsubscribe links are provided either on this site, in the emails or via our newsletter provider.
We do not transfer or sell your personal data to anyone at anytime.
For customers who have created an account you can see the details held by logging in and viewing My Account.
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We may collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. If you would like to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, please refer to the instructions for your browser software to locate the file or directory that cookies are stored in. If you would like to stop cookies being stored on your computer in the future, please refer to your browser manufacturer’s instructions by clicking “Help” in your browser menu For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
We may share your Device Information with third parties to maintain site statistics. Google Analytics is one example: you can read more about how Google uses your information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We take appropriate measures to ensure that any Personal Data is kept secure and is kept for only so long as is necessary for the purpose for which it is used.
You may view the Personal Data that we hold about you and correct any inaccuracies in your Personal Data by logging in and accessing the My Account page .
There is a link to a Delete the Account feature in your account section Contact Page which will inform us of your intention to have your PERSONAL DATA removed. We have 30 days to act on that request. Your account will be deleted but any financial transactions (the Order Information) that may contain your personal data will be retained as long as per requirements of our credit card processors, accountants or UK regulations.
If you checked out as a guest , please use the Contact Page to request deletion if you have purchased from us and did not create an accessible account.
The website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
We may also share your your information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 18 years.